Partners for Cancer Care and Prevention provides year-round
technical support to medical providers in Cali, Colombia, who
serve breast and cervical cancer patients and their families.
Since 2012 PFCCAP has:
- Trained over 300 health care professionals
in the management of cancer.
- Donated a digital
mammography machine and a video
colposcope to a primary care facility.
- Provided approx 235 breast prosthesis and
300 bras for women
with mastectomies and 130 wigs for women
- Conducted a needs assessment of hospital
- Trained 5 hospital bacteriologists in the
assessment of fine-needle aspiration biopsies to
increase the quality and speed of diagnostic services.
- Trained 5 surgeons to perform
ultrasound-guided breast biopsies.